Transient Student Status

Once matriculated (accepted and paid required deposit), a Walsh student may attend another institution as a transient student. A Transient Student Request Form must be completed and returned to the Office of the Registrar for official approval of the transfer courses. Transient students may not transfer any more than 15 semester hours from another institution. No transient work will be approved for courses already completed or failed at Walsh University. The General Education Service Learning and Heritage Series courses do not transfer into Walsh University. Please consult your academic advisor for assistance with selecting these  on-campus courses. No credits completed will be accepted at Walsh without prior written consent of the Registrar, and, if necessary, the appropriate Academic Division Chair on the transient form. Transient Forms are available in the Student Service Center or, click Registrar, then Forms. A course description must be attached to the form when submitting it to the Office of the Registrar.

All students will be held to completing the last 27 of the last 30 semester hours prior to graduation at Walsh University, with a minimum of 15 hours in the
major field of study.

Credits earned by students while participating in University approved study abroad or experiential learning programs are exempt from the 15 credit hour limit on transient students and the last 27 semester hour rule. Students participating in such programs must still complete a minimum of 15 hours in the major field of study at Walsh University and complete the Transient Student process.

Current freshmen and sophomore students are permitted to take courses at two- or four-year regionally accredited schools. Current junior and senior students may transfer credits from regionally accredited four-year schools only, unless taking Walsh-equivalent 100- or 200-level courses.

Students taking transient courses are responsible for requesting sealed, official transcripts from the transient institution to ensure proper posting of transient transfer credit.  Transcripts should be mailed directly to the Office of the Registrar at: Walsh University ATTN: Office of the Registrar, 2020 East Maple Street, North Canton, OH 44720.  Electronic transcripts should be emailed to

Walsh University accepts transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions with a grade of "C-" or better. Students who are Pre-nursing, science, Psychology Pre-OT, Exercise Science Pre-PT and Exercise Science Pre-OT majors and wish to transfer science courses from 2-year community colleges or technical colleges, must earn a "B" or better grade.  The grades earned are not included in the student's cumulative grade point index.  Only credit hours are accepted and recorded on the academic record for each transferred course as "TR".

Courses taken in the academic major or required for fulfillment of the Core cannot be repeated for credit at another institution.