Students may audit a course with permission of the instructor, student's advisor, and the division chair and/or dean of the school upon payment of the auditing fee, one-half the regular tuition rate per course. An audited course appears on the student’s academic record; however, no credits are earned and no grade is assigned. Program major and core requirements cannot be met through an audited course. A request for this change MUST be submitted and approved no later than the last day of the add/drop period (refer to the Academic Calendar for specific dates). Once the grade mode has been updated from a standard letter grade to audit, a student will not be permitted under any circumstances to revert back to a letter grade option.
Honors Students must have the permission of the Honors Director.
- The student must register for the course via the Cavalier Center or through the Request to Add a Course online.
- Students must submit a Request to Audit a Course online after he/she has registered for the course.
- The request will route automatically to the course instructor, student's advisor, and the division chair or dean for approval.
- If a student is a part of the Honors Program, their request must be approved by the Director of the Honors Program along with their academic advisor.
- Once approved by the necessary departmental figures above, the Office of the Registrar will be notified to update the grade mode from a standard letter grade to audit.
- The Student Service Center will be notified after the grade mode has been updated so necessary adjustments to the student's account can be made.
- When final grades are assigned at the end of the term, a final grade of AU will appear on the student's academic transcript.