Candidates for Bachelor's Degrees must meet, at minimum, the requirements below:
- Completion of a minimum of 120 credit hours
- The last 27 credit hours must be completed at Walsh University, 15 of which must be within the student's major.
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 with the following exceptions:
- DeVille School of Business: Minimum GPA of 2.50 within the major
- Division of Education: Minimum GPA of 2.70 within the major
- Division of Social & Behavioral Sciences: Minimum of 2.30 within the major with the following exceptions:
- Health Sciences OTA to MOT- Must have a 3.30
- Behavioral Sciences/Counseling BAMA- Must have a 3.30 GPA
- Psychology Pre-OT Early Assurance- Must have a 3.30 GPA
- Completion of all major, minor, and general education requirements by the end of the semester in which the graduation application was submitted for.
- A student's degree will not be conferred with outstanding incompletes (I) or in-progress (IP) grades assigned for any of his/her coursework.
- All substitutions and/or course waivers must be correctly documented prior to the end of the semester in which a student plans to graduate. *See the Course Substitution and Waivers section of this catalog for procedures on submitting the appropriate request.
Commencement exercises are held at the end of each spring semester. Students whose degrees were conferred the preceding summer and fall semesters are invited to attend the Spring Commencement Ceremony, along with those students whose degrees will be conferred at the end of the spring semester.
Graduation Application and Commencement Regalia
Graduation Application Procedure
Students must apply for graduation online through the Cavalier Center.
- Students should access their Student Profile homepage to access the application.
- Under "Additional Links", click on Apply for Graduation
- All parts of the application must be filled out before final submission. Students will verify the information below:
- Curriculum on record for the most recent term
- Commencement Ceremony Participation
Spelling of First, Middle, and Last name
- Diploma Mailing Address
- It is the responsibility of the student to notify the Office of the Registrar should his/her information above be incorrect and/or change.
- Students can review active applications by clicking View Graduation Application under the "Additional Links" section of his/her Student Profile homepage.
- The Office of the Registrar will assess the Graduation Fee for the degree being pursued when processing the application. This is assessed to the student's account for the term in which he/she plans to graduate.
Graduation Application Availability, Deadlines, and Fees
- Summer Semester: November 1-July 1
- Fall Semester: March 1-November 1
- Spring Semester: June 30-April 1 (August 1-April 1 for Spring 2024)
Deadlines Before Late Fee
- Summer: February 1
- Spring: September 30
- Fall: June 1
- Associate’s & Bachelor’s: $135
- Master’s: $150
- Doctoral: $175
- Certificate: $25
- *Late Fee: $35
*Late fees are non-refundable
Ordering Commencement Regalia
- Students who wish to participate in the spring commencement ceremony must submit a Commencement Regalia Order form online in order to receive a cap and gown. Students without a cap and gown will not be permitted to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- New Commencement Regalia Order forms will not be processed any later than 3 weeks prior to the ceremony. Students should contact the bookstore to determine if there is an alternative option. Contact: Elizabeth Harrington | Bookstore Manager, Barnes and Noble College Bookstores | email@example.com | 330.490.7285
- The Commencement Regalia Order form must be completed online in order for students to participate in the Spring Commencement Ceremony.
Commencement Regalia Order Deadlines
Graduating students should have their Commencement Regalia Order form submitted no later than the established deadlines stated below. New order forms will not be processed any later than 3 weeks prior to the Spring Commencement Ceremony.
- Summer Semester Graduation: February 1
- Fall Semester Graduation: June 1
- Spring Semester Graduation: September 30