Biology – Pre-Occupational Therapy (B.S.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of discipline- specific content related to macro- principles describing the 3 domains of biology and the molecular nature of life.
- Students will use critical thinking by demonstrating the ability to recognize the components of a problem, formulate a strategy to solve the problem, apply comprehensive scientific knowledge to execute a solution and then evaluate the effectiveness of the solution.
- Students will demonstrate communication skills reflective of professional standards consistent biology-related associations (i.e. FASEB).
- Students will demonstrate discipline- specific core laboratory and calculation- based skills related to the characterization and classification of life forms, their components and habitats and in the molecular analysis of living species.
- Students will demonstrate readiness for post-baccalaureate entry into a workforce or acceptance into graduate or professional programs in Biology and/or health professions.
- Students will demonstrate global perspective in their understanding of how biological factors affect economics, health, technology and the environment.
- General Education Requirements
|BIO 101||T1:Principles of Biology I||3|
|BIO 101L||Principles of Biology I: Lab||1|
|BIO 102||Principles of Biology II||3|
|BIO 102L||Principles of Biology II: Lab||1|
|BIO 200||Medical Terminology||1|
|BIO 206L||Microbiology: Lab||1|
|BIO 209||Anatomy/Physiology I||3|
|BIO 209L||Anatomy/Physiology I: Lab||1|
|BIO 210||Anatomy/Physiology II||3|
|BIO 210L||Anatomy/Physiology II: Lab||1|
|BIO 390||Biology Internship||1-3|
|(300 level or higher) 2 credits maximum of BIO 411/412|
|CHEM 101||T1: Principles of Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM 101L||Principles of Chemistry I: Lab||1|
|CHEM 102||Principles of Chemistry II||3|
|CHEM 102L||Principles of Chemistry II:Lab||1|
|CHEM 201||Organic Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM 201L||Organic Chemistry I: Lab||1|
& MATH 156
|Elementary Functions I|
and Elementary Functions II
|or MATH 207||Calculus I|
|PHYS 201||Physics with Calculus I||3|
|PHYS 201L||Physics with Calculus I: Lab||1|
|PHYS 202||Physics with Calculus II||3|
|PHYS 202L||Physics with Calculus II: Lab||1|
|PSYC 120||T1:Principles of Psychology||3|
|PSYC 210||T1:DV:Human Devel Across Lifes||3|
|PSYC 401||DV:Abnormal Psychology||3|
|SOC 101||T1:Principles of Sociology||3|