Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of discipline- specific content related to macro- principles describing the 3 domains of biology and the molecular nature of life.
- Students will use critical thinking by demonstrating the ability to recognize the components of a problem, formulate a strategy to solve the problem, apply comprehensive scientific knowledge to execute a solution and then evaluate the effectiveness of the solution.
- Students will demonstrate communication skills reflective of professional standards consistent biology-related associations (i.e. FASEB).
- Students will demonstrate discipline- specific core laboratory and calculation- based skills related to the characterization and classification of life forms, their components and habitats and in the molecular analysis of living species.
- Students will demonstrate readiness for post-baccalaureate entry into a workforce or acceptance into graduate or professional programs in Biology and/or health professions.
- Students will demonstrate global perspective in their understanding of how biological factors affect economics, health, technology and the environment.
- General Education Requirements
|BIO 101||FD: T1:Principles of Biology I||3|
|BIO 101L||Principles of Biology I: Lab||1|
|BIO 102||Principles of Biology II||3|
|BIO 102L||Principles of Biology II: Lab||1|
|BIO 306||Cell Biology||3|
|BIO 390||Biology Internship||1-3|
|BIO 402||DV: Genetics||3|
|BIO 402L||Genetics: Lab||1|
|BIO 414||Cellular Molecular Tech||3|
|BIO 307||Essential Biochemistry||3|
|CHEM 403||Clinical Biochemistry||3|
|CHEM 498||Chemistry Career Seminar||0.5|
|CHEM 499||Chemistry Career Seminar||.5|
|CHEM 101||FD:T1:Princ of Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM 101L||Principles of Chemistry I: Lab||1|
|CHEM 102||Principles of Chemistry II||3|
|CHEM 102L||Principles of Chemistry II:Lab||1|
|CHEM 201||Organic Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM 201L||Organic Chemistry I: Lab||1|
|CHEM 202||Organic Chemistry II||3|
|CHEM 202L||Organic Chemistry II: Lab||1|
|CHEM 303||Modern Analytical Chem||3|
|CHEM 303L||Modern Analytical Chem Lab||1|
|CHEM 310||Found of Physical Chem||4|
|PHYS 101||Principles of Physics I||3|
|or PHYS 201||Physics with Calculus I|
|PHYS 101L||Principles of Physics I: Lab||1|
|PHYS 102||Principles of Physics II||3|
|or PHYS 202||Physics with Calculus II|
|PHYS 102L||Principles of Physics II: Lab||1|
|MATH 210A||Calculus I||3|
|MATH 211||Calculus II||3|
Math and Science requirements in major also fulfill core requirements; MATH 155 and MATH 156 are prerequisites for MATH 207.
Students must pass each course with a "C-" grade or higher for the major.