Clinical Laboratory Science 4+1 Track (B.S.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of discipline- specific content related to macro- principles describing the 3 domains of biology and the molecular nature of life.
- Students will use critical thinking by demonstrating the ability to recognize the components of a problem, formulate a strategy to solve the problem, apply comprehensive scientific knowledge to execute a solution and then evaluate the effectiveness of the solution.
- Students will demonstrate communication skills reflective of professional standards consistent biology-related associations (i.e.FASEB).
- Students will demonstrate discipline- specific core laboratory and calculation- based skills related to the characterization and classification of life forms, their components and habitats and in the molecular analysis of living species.
- Students will demonstrate readiness for post-baccalaureate entry into a workforce or acceptance into graduate or professional programs in Biology and/or health professions.
- Students will demonstrate global perspective in their understanding of how biological factors affect economics, health, technology and the environment.
- General Education Requirement
|BIO 101||T1:Principles of Biology I||3|
|BIO 101L||Principles of Biology I: Lab||1|
|BIO 102||Principles of Biology II||3|
|BIO 102L||Principles of Biology II: Lab||1|
|BIO 200||Medical Terminology||1|
|BIO 206L||Microbiology: Lab||1|
|BIO 211||Anatomy and Physiology||3|
|BIO 211L||Anatomy & Physiology Lab||1|
|BIO/CHEM 307||Essential Biochemistry||3-4|
|BIO/CHEM elective(s) 300-level or higher; 2 credits minimum of BIO/CHEM 411/412; BIO/CHEM 390 counts|
|CHEM 101||T1: Principles of Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM 101L||Principles of Chemistry I: Lab||1|
|CHEM 102||Principles of Chemistry II||3|
|CHEM 102L||Principles of Chemistry II:Lab||1|
|CHEM 110L||Gen Org/Biochem II: Lab||1|
|CHEM 221||Essentials of Organc Chemistry||4|
|MATH 155||Elementary Functions I||3|
|or MATH 156||Elementary Functions II|
Student also must fulfill requirements of hospital-based program. See Division Chair for program details.