Chemistry — Pre-Dental, Pre-Medical, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Physician's Assistant and Pre-Veterinary (B.S.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of Thermodynamics, Kinetics, Equilibrium, Structure of Materials, Quantum Mechanics, Synthesis, Reactivity of Substances and Green Chemistry.
- Students will use critical thinking by demonstrating the ability to recognize the components of a problem, formulate a strategy to solve the problem, apply comprehensive scientific knowledge to execute a solution and then evaluate the effectiveness of the solution.
- Students will demonstrate communication skills reflective of professional standards in chemistry consistent with the American Chemical Society.
- Students will demonstrate discipline-specific core laboratory and calculation- based skills related to the synthesis and characterization of compounds and common methods of chemical analysis.
- Students will demonstrate readiness for post-baccalaureate entry into a workforce or advancement (entrance) into graduate or professional programs in Chemistry.
- Students will demonstrate global perspective in their understanding of how chemistry affects economics, health, technology and the environment.
- General Education Requirements
|BIO 101||FD: T1:Principles of Biology I||3|
|BIO 101L||Principles of Biology I: Lab||1|
|BIO 102||Principles of Biology II||3|
|BIO 102L||Principles of Biology II: Lab||1|
|BIO 206L||Microbiology: Lab||1|
|BIO 209||Anatomy/Physiology I||3|
|BIO 209L||Anatomy/Physiology I: Lab||1|
|BIO 210||Anatomy/Physiology II||3|
|BIO 210L||Anatomy/Physiology II: Lab||1|
|CHEM 101||FD:T1:Princ of Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM 101L||Principles of Chemistry I: Lab||1|
|CHEM 102||Principles of Chemistry II||3|
|CHEM 102L||Principles of Chemistry II:Lab||1|
|CHEM 201||Organic Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM 201L||Organic Chemistry I: Lab||1|
|CHEM 202||Organic Chemistry II||3|
|CHEM 202L||Organic Chemistry II: Lab||1|
|CHEM 303||Modern Analytical Chem||3|
|CHEM 303L||Modern Analytical Chem Lab||1|
|CHEM 305||Inorganic Chemistry||3|
|CHEM 310||Found of Physical Chem||4|
|CHEM 390||DV:Chemistry Internship||0-3|
|MATH 207||Calculus I||5|
|MATH 208||Calculus II||4|
|PHYS 201||Physics with Calculus I||3|
|PHYS 201L||Physics with Calculus I: Lab||1|
|PHYS 202||Physics with Calculus II||3|
|PHYS 202L||Physics with Calculus II: Lab||1|
Math and Science requirements in major also fulfill core requirements. All courses required in the major must be completed with a "C-" or better in order to satisfy the major. Incoming students need to place into MATH 104 in order to enroll in BIO 101 and MATH 155 into enroll in CHEM 101.