Biology – Pre-Occupational Therapy (B.S.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of discipline- specific content related to macro- principles describing the three domains of biology and the molecular nature of life.
- Students will use critical thinking by demonstrating the ability to recognize the components of a problem, formulate a strategy to solve the problem, apply comprehensive scientific knowledge to execute a solution and then evaluate the effectiveness of the solution.
- Students will demonstrate communication skills reflective of professional standards consistent biology-related associations (i.e.FASEB).
- Students will demonstrate discipline- specific core laboratory and calculation- based skills related to the characterization and classification of life forms, their components and habitats and in the molecular analysis of living species.
- Students will demonstrate readiness for post-baccalaureate entry into a workforce or acceptance into graduate or professional programs in Biology and/or health professions.
- Students will demonstrate global perspective in their understanding of how biological factors affect economics, health, technology and the environment.
- General Education Requirements
Course List Code Title Hours Biology BIO 101 T1:Principles of Biology I 3 BIO 101L Principles of Biology I: Lab 1 BIO 102 Principles of Biology II 3 BIO 102L Principles of Biology II: Lab 1 BIO 200 Medical Terminology 1 BIO 206 Microbiology 3 BIO 206L Microbiology: Lab 1 BIO 209 Anatomy/Physiology I 3 BIO 209L Anatomy/Physiology I: Lab 1 BIO 210 Anatomy/Physiology II 3 BIO 210L Anatomy/Physiology II: Lab 1 BIO 390 Biology Internship 1-3 Biology Electives 10 (300-level or higher) 2 credits maximum of BIO 411/412 Additional Requirements CHEM 101 T1: Principles of Chemistry I 3 CHEM 101L Principles of Chemistry I: Lab 1 CHEM 102 Principles of Chemistry II 3 CHEM 102L Principles of Chemistry II:Lab 1 CHEM 201 Organic Chemistry I 3 CHEM 201L Organic Chemistry I: Lab 1 PHYS 101 Principles of Physics I 3 PHYS 101L Principles of Physics I: Lab 1 PHYS 102 Principles of Physics II 3 PHYS 102L Principles of Physics II: Lab 1 MATH 155
& MATH 156
Elementary Functions I
and Elementary Functions II
5-6 or MATH 207 Calculus I MATH 221 Statistics 3 PSYC 120 T1:Principles of Psychology 3 PSYC 210 DV:T1:Human Devel Across Lifes 3 PSYC 401 DV:Abnormal Psychology 3 SOC 101 T1:Principles of Sociology 3 EXS 385 Biomechanics 3