Clinical Laboratory Science Pre-Professional 4+1 Track (B.S.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of discipline- specific content related to macro- principles describing the three domains of biology and the molecular nature of life.
- Students will use critical thinking by demonstrating the ability to recognize the components of a problem, formulate a strategy to solve the problem, apply comprehensive scientific knowledge to execute a solution and then evaluate the effectiveness of the solution.
- Students will demonstrate communication skills reflective of professional standards consistent biology-related associations (i.e.FASEB).
- Students will demonstrate discipline- specific core laboratory and calculation- based skills related to the characterization and classification of life forms, their components and habitats and in the molecular analysis of living species.
- Students will demonstrate readiness for post-baccalaureate entry into a workforce or acceptance into graduate or professional programs in Biology and/or health professions.
- Students will demonstrate global perspective in their understanding of how biological factors affect economics, health, technology and the environment.
- General Education Requirements
Course List Code Title Hours Biology 21 T1:Principles of Biology I Principles of Biology I: Lab Principles of Biology II Principles of Biology II: Lab Medical Terminology Microbiology Microbiology: Lab Anatomy/Physiology I Anatomy/Physiology I: Lab Anatomy/Physiology II Anatomy/Physiology II: Lab BIO/CHEM Electives: 12 Immunology Essential Biochemistry DV: Genetics Biology InternshipBiology/Chemistry electives(s) 300-level or higher Chemistry 16 T1: Principles of Chemistry I Principles of Chemistry I: Lab Principles of Chemistry II Principles of Chemistry II:Lab Organic Chemistry I Organic Chemistry I: Lab Organic Chemistry II Organic Chemistry II: Lab Mathematics 5-6 Elementary Functions Ior MATH 156 Elementary Functions II Calculus I Statistics Philosophy 3 H3:Bioethics Physics 8 Principles of Physics I Principles of Physics I: Lab Principles of Physics II Principles of Physics II: Lab Total Hours 65-66
- Student also must fulfill requirements of hospital-based program. See Division Chair for program details.