Communication - Digital Media (B.A.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- The Graduates of the Communication program will use research skills to critically analyze, synthesize and evaluate current research literature and online information to evaluate communication theory and professional practice in terms of practical applicability.
- The Graduates of the Communication program will compose written work in the style of the communication professions and employ effective oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- The Graduates of the Communication program will apply critical thinking, scholarship and knowledge of content to analyze moral and ethical issues in contemporary society and professional communication settings.
- The Graduates of the Communication program will identify and apply the skills of a specialized area of communication.
- The Graduates of the Corporate Communication program will apply the skills of Corporate Communication to a professional environment.
- General Education Requirements
|COM 175||Digital CreativityApplications||3|
|COM 210||Mass Communication and Society||3|
|or ENG 211||Speech|
|COM 212||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|COM 235||Creative Digi Prac Production||3|
|COM 250||Writing for Mass Media||3|
|COM 320||Research Methods in Mass Comm||3|
|COM 370||Mass Media Law and Ethics||3|
|COM 420||Mass Comm Issues/Ethics||3|
|COM Elective (upper level writing course)|
|COM 400-5||Writing for Social Media||3|
|or COM 400-9||Writing for Digital Media|
|Internship Choice (must be taken for at least one credit)|
|COM 430||Media Internship||1-6|
|COM 432||Digital Media Internship||1-6|
|Communication Electives (choose for a total of 6 credit hours)|
|COM 316||Digital Storytelling||3|
|COM 326||Time Based Media||3|
|COM 345||Video Content Production||3|
|CS 251||Web Publishing||3|
|Can also include up to 3 credits of COM 432. The internship requirement can be satisfied with internships in other majors or fields, but other internships do not count as Digital Media electives.|