Communication - Digital Media (B.A.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- The Graduates of the Communication program will use research skills to critically analyze, synthesize and evaluate current research literature and online information to evaluate communication theory and professional practice in terms of practical applicability.
- The Graduates of the Communication program will compose written work in the style of the communication professions and employ effective oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- The Graduates of the Communication program will apply critical thinking, scholarship and knowledge of content to analyze moral and ethical issues in contemporary society and professional communication settings.
- The Graduates of the Communication program will identify and apply the skills of a specialized area of communication.
- The Graduates of the Corporate Communication program will apply the skills of Corporate Communication to a professional environment.
- General Education Requirements
|Digital Media Track Requirements||30|
|Mass Communication and Society|
or ENG 211
|Design for Interactive Media|
|Creative Digi Prac Production|
|Writing for Mass Media|
|Research Methods in Mass Comm|
|Mass Comm Issues/Ethics|
|COM Elective (upper level writing course)|
|Writing for Social Media|
|Writing for Digital Media|
|H3:The Modern Rhetoric|
|H3:Professional Writing II|
|Internship Choice (must be taken for at least one credit)||1-6|
|Digital Media Internship|
|Communication Electives (choose for a total of 6 credit hours)||6|
|Video Content Production|
|Can also include up to 3 credits of COM 432. The internship requirement can be satisfied with internships in other majors or fields, but other internships do not count as Digital Media electives.|