Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will gain knowledge of Scripture and Tradition – Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of Sacred Scripture, Catholic Tradition, and Magisterial Teaching.
- Students will gain knowledge of Hermeneutics – Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of how the Catholic Church systematically organizes, contextualizes, and transmits the Christian Faith.
- Students will gain skill in Theological Thinking – Graduates will demonstrate ability to think critically about the Christian Faith, including its application to moral questions.
- Students will gain skill in Theological Communication – Graduates will demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in ecumenical and inter-religious contexts.
- Students will learn appreciation for Spiritual Growth – Graduates will demonstrate understanding of the relationship of theological knowledge and skills with their own spiritual growth.
- Students will learn appreciation for Servant-Leadership – Graduates will demonstrate understanding of the relationship of theological knowledge and skills with their service to others.
- General Education Requirements
- A total of 37 sem. hrs. in major
Course List Code Title Hours Theology Requirements THEO 200 H2a:Christian Theology to 1500 3 THEO 201 H2a:Christian Theo/1500 to Pre 3 THEO 202 H2a:Christology 3 THEO 203 H2a:Christian Moral Life 3 THEO 205 H2a:DV:Church in the Mod Wrld 3 THEO 215 H2a:Old Testament Scriptures 3 THEO 216 H2a:New Testament Scriptures 3 THEO 302 H3:Liturgy/Sacraments 3 THEO 309 H2a:SL:Princ of Justice/Peace 3 THEO 406 Theology Internship 1-6Internship options available - see description THEO 408 Seminar: Topics in Theology 3 or THEO 409 H3:Sem:Selected Theologians Theology Electives (6 sem. hrs.) 6 Total Hours 37-42
All Theology majors must have completed THEO 106 as a prerequisite Tier 1 Course