Student Learning Outcomes
- The Graduates of the Communication program will use research skills to critically analyze, synthesize and evaluate current research literature and online information to evaluate communication theory and professional practice in terms of practical applicability.
- The Graduates of the Communication program will compose written work in the style of the communication professions and employ effective oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- The Graduates of the Communication program will apply critical thinking, scholarship and knowledge of content to analyze moral and ethical issues in contemporary society and professional communication settings.
- The Graduates of the Communication program will identify and apply the skills of a specialized area of communication.
- The Graduates of the Corporate Communication program will apply the skills of Corporate Communication to a professional environment.
- General Education Requirements
|COM 210||Mass Communication and Society||3|
|COM 212||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|COM 250||Writing for Mass Media||3|
|COM 320||Research Methods in Mass Comm||3|
|COM 370||Mass Media Law and Ethics||3|
|COM 420||Mass Comm Issues/Ethics||3|
|COM Elective (Upper-level Communication writing course)||3|
|COM 430||Media Internship 1||1-6|
COM 430 credits count toward the twelve credits of Communication Electives. The Internship requirement can be satisfied with internships in other majors or fields, but other internships do not count as Communication Electives.
Note: Communication majors and minors also may choose from the following non-Communication courses to satisfy Communication Department elective semester hour requirements:
|ENG 220||Introduction Creative Writing||3|
|ENG 240||Professional Writing I||3|
|ENG 320||Advanced Creative Writing||3|
|ENG 323||H3:The Modern Rhetoric||3|
|ENG 335||H2b:Travel Writing||3|
|ENG 340||H3:Professional Writing II||3|
|ENG 342||Grant Writing||3|
|ENG 385||H3:Literature and Film||3|
|ENG 420||Creative Writing:Pub/Perform||3|
|ENG 440||Adv Studies in Composition||3|
|BUS 113||Business Communications||3|
|BUS 233||Principles of Marketing||3|
|BUS 308||Global Integrated Mktg Commun||3|
|GD/COM 295||Graphic Design||3|
|GD/COM 296||Graphic Design II||3|