Exercise Science (B.S.) Pre-Athletic Training Track
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Graduates will be able to assess the basic components of fitness, with an understanding of the health and physiological significance of each measurement.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyze a biomechanical skill and communicate their findings with an emphasis placed upon performance and injury prevention.
- Graduates will demonstrate professionalism in an authentic situation and will perform as an entry level professional in the field.
- Graduates will be able demonstrate the ability to carry about research by designing a research study, collecting data, analyzing data with the proper statistical analysis and also by writing a research style paper.
- Graduates will show acceptable levels of fitness for professionals in the fields of health and wellness.
- Graduates will be able to review a specific disease pathology, evaluate specific limitations to exercise and create an effective exercise protocol for that population.
- General Education Requirements
|BIO 101||T1:Principles of Biology I||3|
|BIO 101L||Principles of Biology I: Lab||1|
|BIO 200||Medical Terminology||2|
|BIO 209||Anatomy/Physiology I||3|
|BIO 209L||Anatomy/Physiology I: Lab||1|
|BIO 210||Anatomy/Physiology II||3|
|BIO 210L||Anatomy/Physiology II: Lab||1|
|CHEM 109||T1:Gen Org/Biochem I||3|
|CHEM 109L||Gen Org/Biochem I/Lab||1|
|EXS 261||First Aid||2|
|EXS 262||Foundations of Ex Sci & Sport||3|
|EXS 263||H1:DV:Personal/Com Health||3|
|EXS 264||Org/Admin of Ex Sci & Sport||3|
|EXS 362||Care/Prev of Athletic Injuries||3|
|EXS 363||Adv Athletic Injury Management||3|
|EXS 381||Physiology of Exercise||3|
|EXS 464||Tests & Meas in Ex Sci & Sport||3|
|EXS 474||Exercise Testing and Prescript||3|
|EXS 484||Concepts in Exercise Science||3|
|EXS 498||Introduction to Research||1-2|
|or EXS 499||Introduction to Research|
|MATH 155||Elementary Functions I||3|
|MATH 156||Elementary Functions II||3|
|PHYS 101||Principles of Physics I||3|
|PHYS 101L||Principles of Physics I: Lab||1|
|PSYC 120||T1:Principles of Psychology||3|
|Electives (choose 2 from the following)||6|
|Sport in American Society|
|T1:DV:Human Devel Across Lifes|