Exercise Science (B.S.) - 3+3 Early Assurance Pre-Physical Therapy
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Graduates will be able to assess the basic components of fitness, with an understanding of the health and physiological significance of each measurement.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyze a biomechanical skill and communicate their findings with an emphasis placed upon performance and injury prevention.
- Graduates will demonstrate professionalism in an authentic situation and will perform as an entry level professional in the field.
- Graduates will be able demonstrate the ability to carry about research by designing a research study, collecting data, analyzing data with the proper statistical analysis and also by writing a research style paper.
- Graduates will show acceptable levels of fitness for professionals in the fields of health and wellness.
- Graduates will be able to review a specific disease pathology, evaluate specific limitations to exercise and create an effective exercise protocol for that population.
|BIO 101||T1:Principles of Biology I||3|
|BIO 101L||Principles of Biology I: Lab||1|
|BIO 102||Principles of Biology II||3|
|BIO 102L||Principles of Biology II: Lab||1|
|BIO 209||Anatomy/Physiology I||3|
|BIO 209L||Anatomy/Physiology I: Lab||1|
|BIO 210||Anatomy/Physiology II||3|
|BIO 210L||Anatomy/Physiology II: Lab||1|
|BIO 309||Human Physiology||4|
|CHEM 101||T1: Principles of Chemistry I||3|
|CHEM 101L||Principles of Chemistry I: Lab||1|
|CHEM 102||Principles of Chemistry II||3|
|CHEM 102L||Principles of Chemistry II:Lab||1|
|EXS 263||H1:DV:Personal/Com Health||3|
|EXS 381||Physiology of Exercise||3|
|EXS 464||Tests & Meas in Ex Sci & Sport||3|
|EXS 474||Exercise Testing and Prescript||3|
|EXS 484||Concepts in Exercise Science||3|
|EXS 498||Introduction to Research||1-2|
|PSYC 120||T1:Principles of Psychology||3|
|PSYC 210||T1:DV:Human Devel Across Lifes||3|
|MATH 155||Elementary Functions I||3|
|MATH 156||Elementary Functions II||3|
|PHYS 101||Principles of Physics I||3|
|PHYS 101L||Principles of Physics I: Lab||1|
|PHYS 102||Principles of Physics II||3|
|PHYS 102L||Principles of Physics II: Lab||1|
|Physical Therapy Requirements (4th Year)||20|
|PT 503||Human Anatomy||6|
|or PT 603||Human Anatomy|
|PT 504||Foundations of Neuroscience||4|
|or PT 604||Foundations of Neuroscience|
|PT 506||Foundations of Pharmacology||2|
|or PT 606||Foundations of Pharmacology|
|PT 511||Foundations of Clin Science||4|
|or PT 611||Foundations of Clin Science|
|PT 5151A||Biomechanics I||2|
|or PT 6151A||Biomechanics I|
|PT 5151B||Biomechanics II||2|
|or PT 6151B||Biomechanics II|