An individual may apply for a principal's license after meeting the following conditions:
- complete the licensure courses listed below;
- have a valid teaching license;
- earned a master's degree from an accredited university;
- MAED transcript evaluation for alignment with state standards by Graduate Education Studies Program Director, prerequisite courses may be needed in addition to the courses listed below based upon this review.
- passed the appropriate Ohio Assessment for Educators,
- and have two years teaching experience for the area for which they are applying using the following criteria:
- Early Childhood, Middle Childhood, Multi-Age, or Intervention Specialist licenses teaching experience with students who are ages 3-12 and pre-Kindergarten through Grade 6;
- Middle Childhood, Multi-Age, Adolescence to Young Adult or Career-Technical licenses - teaching experience with students who are ages 8-14 and Grades 4-9.
- Middle Childhood, Multi-Age, Intervention Specialist, Adolescence to Young Adult or Career-Technical licenses - teaching experience with students who are ages 10-21 and Grades 5-12.
|EDF 707||Personnel Mgmt & Leadership||3|
|EDF 708||Internship I||1.5|
|EDF 709||School Fin for Sch Adm & Treas||3|
|EDF 710||Internship 2||1.5|