Certiﬁcate in Data Analytics
The DeVille School of Business Certiﬁcate in Data Analytics is designed for business professionals looking to advance their careers within the emerging data analytics ﬁeld. It is also ideal for those seeking to expand their knowledge in this area.
Offered through The DeVille School of Business, this four-course program will increase one’s knowledge within the areas of data analytics, data mining, database strategies, and statistical analyses.. The certiﬁcate will qualify participants to advance their management careers in the emerging and in-demand areas of data analytics, database management, data mining, and other quantitatively-oriented careers.
- Persons with an undergraduate, master’s, and/or advanced degrees who are currently in data analytics positions
- Persons with an undergraduate, master’s and/or advanced degrees who are looking to transition their careers into data analytics and/or database management positions
FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM
- Access to excellent faculty with real-world experience
- Opportunity to obtain certiﬁcate within one year
- Dynamic and exciting learning environments
- Option to participate in a global experience opportunity
- Ability to transfer to Walsh’s MBA Program after certiﬁcate completion
While enrolled in the certiﬁcate program, certiﬁcate students may participate in the MBA Program’s global experience(s). The student is advised to seek more information on global experiences from the MBA Program or the Global Learning department.
CERTIFICATE ACADEMIC GUIDELINE
Participants enrolled in the Certiﬁcate in Data Analytics program must comply with The DeVille School of Business admission requirements:
Minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited undergraduate institution*
Completed non-degree student application form accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $25
Ofﬁcial transcript(s) of undergraduate, and all other graduate study, sent directly from the applicant's college(s) or university(ies) to the Walsh University Ofﬁce of Admissions
*Relevant work experience will also be taken into consideration by the program director.
Applicants without an equivalent undergraduate course in Business Research will be required to take and successfully complete BUS364 (Business Research) as a part of the certificate program. For these students, the certificate will then be comprised of five (5) courses.
Transfer Into The MBA Program
Students are encouraged to apply to the Walsh University’s DeVille School of Business MBA Program after the completion of the Certiﬁcate of Data Analytics program. Admittance into the MBA Program will require:
- Successful (“B” or higher) completion of the four (4) certiﬁcate program courses
- Completion of an MBA Admission Application
- Application review by the MBA Program
Based upon the applicant's credentials, the following may be recommended:
- Successful completion of the MBA Prep Series
- Completion of the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) with the required score
- Other agreed-upon activities that will document competence in quantitative, ﬁnance, accounting, and/or economics
The Certiﬁcate Program in Data Analytics is offered at the main campus in North Canton, Ohio or online.
Students enrolling in coursework for their ﬁrst semester may register by completing a Graduate Registration Form. This form may be found either in the Student Service Center in Farrell Hall or downloaded from the ﬁle gallery on our website (http://www.walsh.edu/ forms4). Complete, sign and do one of the following (you do not need an advisor's signature):
- Bring this form to the Student Service Center in Farrell Hall
- Fax this form to: 330-490-7193
- Mail this form to: Walsh University,
Student Service Center 2020 East Maple Street,
North Canton, OH 44720-3336
Certiﬁcate students that have completed at least one semester in the program are strongly encouraged to utilize the Cavalier Center to register. PIN numbers will be distributed near the beginning of each semester through the Walsh email system.
Transfer of Courses
A certiﬁcate student may transfer-in a maximum of six (6) credit hours or two (2) course as approved by the MBA Program Director. This course must be taken from an accredited MBA program. The student must submit the course syllabus and other requested documentation as requested by the MBA Program. Requesting and submitting materials are no guarantee that course will be accepted for transfer. Transferred courses may only be accepted for Applied Organizational Research & Analysis (MBA 626) - and not transferred-on for specialty- speciﬁc courses (MBA 745, MBA 746, or MBA 747).