Nursing Education Certificate Program
The Byers School of Nursing Certificate Program in Nursing Education is designed for nurses who wish to gain knowledge, skills and expertise related to teaching in nursing educational venues. The five course program consists of courses within the Masters of Nursing Education track and an elective from the Education Division
The Post-Master’s Nursing Education Certificate Program objectives are to:
1. Utilize nursing and education research to create teaching strategies designed to support nursing education in a dynamic learning environment.
2. Exhibit leadership skills as a significant figure in the interdisciplinary health care team for the improvement of nursing education.
3. Analyze legal, ethical, and regulatory issues impacting health care delivery systems and education systems for the improvement of nursing education.
4. Engage in scholarship activities within the nurse educator role.
- Nurses who are DNP or PhD graduates or students who wish to gain expertise as a nursing educator
- Master’s students within any other track of Walsh’s Master’s Nursing program (FNP or CNL)
- Post-master’s nurses with clinical expertise who are seeking educational training
Features of the Program
- Access to excellent faculty with real-world teaching experience
- Opportunity to obtain the certificate within one calendar year
- Option to participate in a global experience opportunity
- Interprofessional venues with state of the art teaching modalities including simulation and active learning lab experience
While enrolled in the certificate program, certificate students may participate in the Byers School of Nursing’s global experience(s). The student is advised to seek more information on global experiences from the Graduate Program Director or the Office of Global Learning.
Certificate Academic Guidelines
- Participants enrolled in the Nursing Education Certificate program must comply with The Byers School of Nursing Graduate admission requirements:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited undergraduate institution
- Completed non-degree student application form accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $25
- Official transcript(s) of undergraduate, and all other graduate study, sent directly from the applicant's college(s) or university(ies) to the Walsh University Office of Admissions
- Current resume
- A current unencumbered Registered Nurse license
The Nursing Education Certificate program is offered using a distance learning methodology*. Face to face classroom experiences are held at the main campus in North Canton, Ohio in conjunction with online methods.
Students enrolling in coursework for their first semester may register by completing a Graduate Registration Form. This form may be found either in the Student Service Center in Farrell Hall or downloaded from the file gallery on our website www.walsh.edu/forms4. Complete, sign and do one of the following (you do not need an advisor's signature):
Bring this form to the Student Service Center in Farrell Hall.
Scan and email to email@example.com or Fax the form to 330-490-7372.
You may also mail this form to:
Walsh University, Student Service Center
2020 East Maple Street
North Canton, OH 44720-3336
Attn: Staci Herman
Certificate students who have completed at least one semester in the program are strongly encouraged to utilize the Cavalier Center to register. PIN numbers will be distributed near the beginning of each semester through the Walsh email system.
Online refers to the definition from the Higher Learning Commission: Distance-delivered courses are those in which all or the vast majority (typically 75% or more) of the instruction and interaction occurs via electronic communication, correspondence, or equivalent mechanisms, with the faculty and students physically separated from each other
To receive the Certificate in Nursing Education, a student will complete the following five courses:
|NURS 630||Assess,Meas&Eval in Nurs Educ||2|
|NURS 631||Curr Design in Nurs Education||3|
|NURS 632||Teach Strateg in Nursing Educ||2|
|NURS 635||Practicum in Nurs Education||4|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Learning & Design Technologies|
|Information and Communications|
|App Instruc Des and Developmen|
|Design,Develop/Deliv of elearn|