Certificate in Healthcare Management
The DeVille School of Business Certificate in Healthcare Management is designed for healthcare professionals looking to advance their careers within the healthcare management field. It is also ideal for those seeking to expand their knowledge in this area.
Offered through The DeVille School of Business, this five-course program will increase one’s knowledge within the areas of healthcare systems, finance, managed care and marketing strategy. The certificate will qualify participants to advance their management careers in hospitals, outpatient centers, physician group practices, managed care organizations, public health agencies, and other health-related organizations.
- Persons with an undergraduate, master’s, and/or advanced degrees who are currently in clinical or healthcare management
- Persons with an undergraduate, master’s and/or advanced degrees who are looking to transition their careers into healthcare management
Features of the Program
- Access to excellent faculty with real-world experience
- Opportunity to obtain certificate within one year
- Dynamic and exciting classroom environments
- Chances to visit innovative, cutting-edge healthcare providers
- Option to participate in a global experience opportunity
- Ability to transfer to Walsh’s MBA Program after certificate completion
While enrolled in the certificate program, certificate students may participate in the MBA Program’s global experience(s). The student is advised to seek more information on global experiences from the MBA Program or the Global Learning department.
Certificate Academic Guidelines
Participants enrolled in the Certificate in Healthcare Management program must comply with The DeVille School of Business admission requirements:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited undergraduate institution1
- Completed non-degree student application form accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $25
- Official transcript(s) of undergraduate, and all other graduate study, sent directly from the applicant's college(s) or university(ies) to the Walsh University Office of Admissions
- Current resume
Relevant work experience will also be taken into consideration by the program director.
Transfer Into The MBA Program
Students are encouraged to apply to the Walsh University’s DeVille School of Business MBA Program after the completion of the Certificate of Healthcare Management program. Admittance into the MBA Program will require:
- Successful (“B” or higher) completion of the five (5) certificate program courses
- Completion of an MBA Admission Application
- Application review by the MBA Program
Based upon the applicant's credentials, the following may be recommended:
- Successful completion of the MBA Prep Series
- Completion of the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) with the required score
- Other agreed-upon activities that will document competence in quantitative, finance, accounting, and/or economics
The Certificate Program in Healthcare Management is offered at the main campus in North Canton, Ohio or online.
Students enrolling in coursework for their first semester may register by completing a Graduate Registration Form. This form may be found either in the Student Service Center in Farrell Hall or downloaded from the file gallery on our website www.walsh.edu/forms4. Complete, sign and do one of the following (you do not need an advisor's signature):
- Bring this form to the Student Service Center in Farrell Hall
- Fax this form to: 330-490-7193
- Mail this form to:
Student Service Center
2020 East Maple Street,
North Canton, OH 44720-3336
Certificate students that have completed at least one semester in the program are strongly encouraged to utilize the Cavalier Center to register. PIN numbers will be distributed near the beginning of each semester through the Walsh email system.
Transfer of Courses
A certificate student may transfer-in a maximum of six (6) credit hours or two (2) courses as approved by the MBA Program Director. These courses must be taken from an accredited MBA program. The student must submit the course syllabus and other requested documentation as requested by the MBA Program. Requesting and submitting materials are no guarantee that course will be accepted for transfer. Transferred courses may only be accepted for Sustainable Ethical Leadership (MBA 621) or Marketing (MBA 624) - and not transferred-on for specialty-specific courses (MBA 721, MBA 722, or MBA 723).
To receive the Certificate in Healthcare Management, a student will complete the following five courses (15 credit hours):
|MBA 621||Sustainable Ethical Leadership||3|
|MBA 721||Legal & Policy Aspect Hlthcare||3|
|MBA 722||Healthcare Organizat & Systems||3|
|MBA 723||Healthcare Finance/Economics||3|